Some changes have recently been made to the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall home page (townhall.virginia.gov) aimed to make the site easier to navigate.
Here are the main changes:
* The Menu bar on the left has been shortened to focus on major categories of information.
* The Search Tool is more prominently displayed. This feature allows you to search titles of regulations, regulatory actions,meetings, guidance documents, mandates, petitions for rulemaking, and general notices.
* Under Browse Regulations on the menu bar, you will see a list of all regulations broken down by board. Using the tabs near the top of the page, you can also search regulations by agency, secretary, and VAC citation.
* Under Regulatory Activity on the menu bar, you will see all regulatory actions underway. Using the tabs near the top of the page, you can also view regulatory actions based on a periodic review of the regulation, a petition for rulemaking, or a legislative mandate (where the legislature has required a regulation to be changed).
* On the page for viewing and entering public comments, you can now view regulatory documents, e.g., the agency background statement explaining what is changing and why, as well as the text of a proposed regulation, and we encourage you to view these before you enter a public comment.
We’re always trying to make the Town Hall more user friendly so if you have any suggestions or comments, we would love to hear from you. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.