The Administrative Codes and Registers (ACR) section will hold its annual summer conference in conjunction with the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) summer conference in Minneapolis, MN, July 16-19, 2009. Meetings will be held Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This shorter schedule was approved by the NASS Executive Board to reduce travel-related expenses for attendees.
Registration for the conference is available online at http://www.nass.org/ (or directly at http://nass.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=93&Itemid=299). The early registration deadline is June 15, 2009.
ACR Program Chair, Debbie Ritzko (NY), has put together a great agenda. The tentative agenda includes:
- West Publishing Site Visit
- User Friendly E-Government – Spencer Gerrol and Jeff Horvath, Phd., Human Factors International
- Website Usability-Designing Simple & Effective: Getting There Step-by-step – Spencer Gerrol and Jeff Horvath, Phd., Human Factors International
- Colborn Award and Demonstration
- Rules and Regulation / Laws comparison – Elizabeth Palen, Virginia Legislature
- Roundtable: Impact of Fiscal and/or organizational change – Dan Proctor, Texas Register and Kevin Fetherston, BNA
- Model State Administrative Procedure Act Update, John Martinez, Director, Administrative Law Division, New Mexico Commission of Public Records – State Records Center and archives
- Authentication of On-line State Legal Materials Michelle Timmons, Minnesota Revisor of Statutes
- Creating on-line forms, evolution of on-line forms – Scott Cancelosi
- Minnesota Rule Making
See http://www.administrativerules.org/ for agenda updates.